- Master of Divinity
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Arts in Chaplaincy
- Master of Arts in Christian Education
- Doctor of Ministry
- Non-degree / Audit
- Course Schedules
- Message from the Academic Dean
- Speakers Bureau / Faculty
- United Methodist Studies
- Veterans Education Benefits
- Chapter 33/Post 9/11-Dependent
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® - Veteran (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Chapter 1606/1607- Selected Reserve and REAP
- Chapter 33/35- Survivors and Dependents
- Chapter 31- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 33/Post 9/11 - Veteran
- Chapter 33/Post 9/11- Dependent
- Chapter 1606/1607- Guard/Reserve
- Chapter 33/35- Survivors and Dependents
- Academic Calendar
- Lecture Series
- Writing Center
- General Theological Studies Certificate (GTSC) Program
- Biblical Studies Certificate (BSC) Program
- Certificate in United Methodist Studies
- Certificate in Christian Education (CCE) Program
J. Elvin Sadler
Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Theology
- Church Administration
- Organization Dynamics
- Spiritual Formation
- Spiritual Mentoring
- Strategic Planning
- Transformational Leadership
- B.S., Business Administration, Western Carolina University
- Certificate of Church Management, Executive MBA Program, Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University
- M.Div., Hood Theological Seminary
- D.Min., Samuel Dewitt Proctor School of Theology, Virginia Union University
Dr. Sadler’s professional experience covers both the corporate and religious fields, having served in the corporate sector with both RJR Nabisco and the Procter & Gamble Distributing Companies, where he managed resources and accounts in excess of $1,000,000.00. As an ordained elder in the A.M.E. Zion Church, his religious experience covers over 35 years, serving both as an A.M.E. Zion Pastor for 32 years and Presiding Elder, overseeing 17 churches. Dr. Sadler is a member of the Western North Carolina Annual Conference where he has served as a member of the annual conference finance committee, as an instructor and most recently as the dean of annual conference studies which trains ministers for the ordained ministry. He currently on the Board of Directors of the Dorothy Walls Conference and Retreat Center, Inc.
Dr. Sadler served as the Chairman of the Central Carolinas Collective Banking Group, which consists of 40 churches with over 35,000 members and $150,000,000.00 in annual revenue. He currently serves on the national board of the Collective Empowerment Group.
Dr. Sadler is the Founder, CEO and Principal Consultant of G.A.M.E. Executive International Ministry Consultants, Inc., a ministry of consultation, focusing in the areas of organizational, leadership and strategic development, where he has traveled to churches throughout the country and around the world providing consultation and training, serving as the Chief Consultant for Pastors and ministries ranging from 100 to over 10,000 members.
Dr. Sadler serves as a faculty mentor for leadership and organizational development and served as a senior mentor for the 50+ mentors in the doctoral program of United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio as well as serving on the Doctoral Studies Committee. Dr. Sadler currently serves as adjunct faculty, in the area of Transformational Leadership, at his alma mater, Hood Theological Seminary, Salisbury, North Carolina. As a transformational leader, Dr. Sadler has birthed and developed a number of ministerial leaders. Under his immediate leadership, he has birthed 20+ men and women into the preaching and Pastoral ministry and continues to mentor hundreds of senior Kingdom leaders both home and abroad.
Dr. Sadler has served on a number of community boards and organizations, including the African American Leadership Initiative, United Way of the Central Carolinas, Inc., the Arts & Sciences Council of Gaston County, Chairman, Central Carolinas Collective Banking Group, Inc, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Human Relations Commission, MLK, Jr. Steering Committee, The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and as a Past Executive Member of the Western Carolina University National Alumni Association Board of Directors.
A highly sought after political advisor, Dr. Sadler has advised candidates for the past three presidential campaigns and currently serves as a religious advisor to the Governor of the state of North Carolina and other local, state and national political leaders.
Dr. Sadler was elected by the 50th Quadrennial Session of the General Conference of The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church to serve as its General Secretary-Auditor, globally. His office serves as the official repository for records, research, doctrine and polity for the denomination. Dr. Sadler is responsible for maintaining the official record of the denomination, as well as being the holder of the denominational seal. His office is also responsible for the revision, updating and codifying of the denomination’s book of doctrine and polity called the Book of Discipline. The Book is updated every four years. He also serves as a denominational representative to a number of ecumenical bodies, including the Pan Methodist Commission and is a member of the Association of Black Methodist General Officers.