- About Hood
- Mission, Vision, Values and History
- Accreditations and Affiliations
- Consumer Information
- Title IX/Non-Discrimination Policy
- News & Events
- Hood's Herald
- Career Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
- Message from the President
- Board of Trustees
- Office & Staff Directory
- Speakers Bureau / Faculty
- Salisbury Campus
- The Aymer Center
NEW SPECIALIZATION IN DOCTOR OF MINISTRY PROGRAM
The Doctor of Ministry in Homiletics and Preaching is designed to provide educational opportunities for pastors, church staff, missionaries, and church leaders who seek advanced theoretical and theological reflection on preaching the good news.The degree is a thirty-three-hour program comprised of three major components: seminars, academic advisement, and a ministry project in the area of homiletics and preaching.
Unique Characteristics of the Homiletics and Preaching Specialization
- Oriented toward the generalist pastor, senior pastors, preaching pastors, church staff, missionaries, and all other levels of leaders in the church who are tasked with responsibility of publicly communicating the gospel and the empowerment of the saints.
- Aims to sharpen and deepen the skills of the student in the area of preaching God’s Word in the twenty-first century.
- Focuses on enhancing one’s developmental capacities and sharpening professional identity within a specialized context of a preaching ministry.
- Intentionally ensures that each student has a faculty advisor and/or a project mentor who possess advanced graduate level training and/or professional credential in the area of homiletics/preaching.