National Alumni Association
Upcoming Event: 1885 Society Annual Dinner
Date: November 16, 2023
Time: 6:00 pm EST
Venue: Hood Theological Seminary, Aymer Center, 1810 Lutheran Synod Dr., Salisbury, NC 28144
Speaker: Corey D.B. Walker, Ph.D., Dean, Wake Forest School of Divinity
Speaker Bio: A scholar committed to a broad and inclusive vision of human flourishing, Corey D. B. Walker is Dean of the School of Divinity, Wake Forest Professor of the Humanities, and Inaugural Director of the Program in African American Studies at Wake Forest University. His research, teaching, and public scholarship span the areas of African American philosophy, critical theory, ethics, and religion and American public life. An accomplished scholar and academic leader, Dean Walker has held faculty and academic leadership appointments at Brown University, University of Virginia, Virginia Union University, and Winston-Salem State University and visiting professorships at Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Union Presbyterian Seminary, and the University of Richmond. Dean Walker is the 2023-2024 Phi Beta Kappa Frank M. Updike Scholar. He is author and editor of several books and has published over sixty articles, essays, and book chapters in a wide variety of scholarly journals and publications. A much sought after speaker, Dean Walker engages congregations and communities across the nation and has appeared on a variety of media programs in the United States and abroad.
Tickets: $85.00 Contact Any member of the 1885 Society Executive Board or read the directions below on how to register online.
Online Registration Instructions:
Tickets Now On Sale: $85.00 Each
Directions to Register:
To register and pay for tickets for the 1885 Society Annual Dinner, please CLICK HERE. This will take you to the Donate Now page on Hood Seminary's website.
How to Fill out Donation Information on Donate Now Page:
1. Under Gift Amount put the amount for the total number of tickets you would like to purchase (For example, you would type in $170.00 if you wanted two tickets, $255.00 for 3 tickets, etc.)
2. Under Type of Gift, select One Time Gift
3. Check Alumni Association 1885 Society for where you want the donation to go. In the Please Specify Box, type 'ticket.'
4. Fill out your billing information
5. Click Continue in the lower right
6. Review Donation Information
7. A window will come up to submit credit card information
8. Click Pay under credit card information
9. You will then get a confirmation email stating your donation was submitted successfully.
For further questions, please contact Rev. Dr. Reginald Boyd, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-636-6455.
Hood Theological Seminary National Alumni Association (HTSNAA)
Alumni and alumnae of Hood Theological Seminary are important ambassadors for
the Seminary and essential partners in promoting its mission. It is
wonderful to hear how our alumni/ae are representing the Seminary in
such significant ways in their communities. We encourage all
alumni/ae to stay in touch and involved through the National Alumni
Association and its regional chapters in Charlotte and Greensboro, and developing chapters in Salisbury, Winston-Salem, and Fayetteville, NC, as well as South Carolina and Alabama.
mission of the Hood Theological Seminary National Alumni/ae Association is to:
- assist with fundraising programs for Hood Theological Seminary;
- involve alumni/ae through a variety of activities including continuing education, reunion, and regional events;
- support students’ education and professional development; and
- initiate and develop opportunities for awards, fellowship, and celebration between Hood Theological Seminary, its students, and its alumni/ae.
Funds collected by HTSNAA are used to support the Seminary’s permanent endowment and scholarship and tuition assistance for Hood students.
Members of the HTSNAA are all persons who have completed an academic program at Hood Theological Seminary. Persons who have completed at least two semesters of work towards an academic program may apply for membership.
2023-2025 HTSNAA Officer Bios