Faithful Families: Eating Smart & Moving More
A FREE 9-WEEK COURSE for HTS students as well as the greater Salisbury/ Rowan community clergy/leadership.
Led by Cabarrus Health Alliance professionals at Hood Seminary, 1810 Lutheran Synod Drive, Salisbury, NC
February - April 2018 with 2 schedule options
Who should attend? Hood Seminary students and Community Clergy/Leadership.
These classes will help you transform your physical, mental and spiritual health!
- Learn to plan, shop for, and prepare healthy meals for your family
- Discover delicious, healthy, family-friendly recipes
- Explore simple ways to be physically active
- Talk about the connections between food, physical activity and faith
- Learn about community resources to support the health of your congregation
Classes will be held at Hood Seminary, Room 320. Choose from one of two 9-week sessions.
Option 1: Thursdays 9:30-10:45am
Dates: Feb 15, 22
March 8, 15, 22 (no class 1st or 29th)
April 5,12,19, 26
Option 2: Saturdays 8:45-10:00 am
Dates: Feb 17, 24
March 3, 10, 17 (no class 24th or 31st )
April 7, 14, 21, 28
Once you complete the course, you will have access to additional trainings held at Hood Seminary to help you support the integration of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management education into your ministry.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE is Friday, February 9th
To register, contact Jenn West: (704)-920-1337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust Healthy Partnerships for Active Living Grant.