Chapter 1606/1607- Guard/Reserve

If you have already used Veterans’ Education Benefits at a previous institution please follow the steps below.

NOTE: If you are a transfer student, but this is your first time using Veterans’ Education Benefits, please return to the main page and follow the instructions for First Time GI Bill® users.

Step 1. Apply to transfer your benefits on the Department of Veteran Affairs website by completing a Veterans OnlineApplication (VONAPP). Submitted applications cannot be viewed or printed. However, you will be able to view and print your submission Confirmation Page. A copy of this page should be forwarded to the Hood Certifying Official (the Registrar).

Step 2. Submit your Hood Disclosure Form and your Certificate of Eligibility (when received), to the Hood Certifying Official (the Registrar).

Step 3. Register for classes at Hood.

Note: Any schedule change made after you complete Hood Theological Seminary enrollment and the Hood Certifying Official has processed your “Enrollment Certification” to the VA, may result in your owing money to the VA.

Important Notes for Chapter 1606/1607 Students

For monthly stipend payments to be processed, Chapter 1606/1607 students must provide a Verification of Enrollment on the first of each month. To verify enrollment, log into WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment). Instead of using the website, you may choose to call VA at (888) 442-4551.

Your monthly deposits will come on the 1st of the month for the previous month and are only paid for days you are enrolled in class. So, for example, for the Fall semester if classes start on August 25, you would be paid on September 1 for August 25-31. This would not be a full month’s payment. The first full payment will come October 1 for the month of September.

VA Education Benefits pays for the classes that you enroll in. Enrollment changes following VA Enrollment Certification for the term (e.g. Withdrawals) may result in your owing money to the VA. If you are unsure of the potential debt impact of contemplated enrollment changes, please check with the Hood Seminary VA Certifying Official (the Registrar).